Friday, January 29, 2010

Name says it all

Let me start by saying that yes, I know that to some our name is confusing.  I always get the usual question "what's a lil woskie?" and the answer is sometimes difficult to say.  I'll begin by stating that it is pronounced, woe-ski, not woo-ski.  We came up with the name Woskie almost ten years ago and I guess the real credit goes to Andre 3000 of Outkast fame.  In a song on the Stankonia album he says the word woskie in a rhyme and immediately Mike started to use it in his normal vocab.

We use the term "woskie" as a description of a friend or person you may know.  A woskie can be yo boy, family, or that dude you know around the way.  When we thought about starting a company years ago, we always knew that we wanted Lil Woskie to be our brand name.  Anybody can be a woskie and we thought that would be a great name for our brand.  It's a title that encompasses us all, which is how we want our brand to be.  We want to have something for everyone and your name has to say that.

I hope that gives you a little more insight to how we came up with our name and what it means to our brand.  I hope to expand these blogs in the future but just bare with me, I'm fairly new to this.  Stay up and stay tuned Lil Woskies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment